I have had my blog for over three years and have posted iregularly whenever I was inspired by something I’ve read, seen, heard, or thought but taking on the A to Z April Challenge meant writing 26 posts in one month.
The concensous is that writers write everyday and don’t wait for inspiration
When I decide to try something I do it wholeheartedly and for me and the A to Z April Challenge that meant that I approached each post as stream of consciousness, with little or no preparation apart from a list of A-to-Z with potential topics. I know that some people have prepared their posts in the weeks before April and although I admit that I may have finished on time if I had taken this approach I am unsure if I agree with it.
I tried to write each post in one session, dropping my thoughts almost unedited from my heart/mind and on to the page/screen.
This doesn’t mean that I was flippant in my writing but it did teach me to edit once and then let it go. I did fix typos in the minutes and hours after each post.
The Stats for April:
- Followers: increased from 11 to 219
- Views for April: 11,589
- Comments: 260
- Most popular post: What is the Beginners’s Mind?
- 4,379 views
- 241 likes
- 116 comments
WordPress – Freshly Pressed
Although I’m tempted to claim the highlight of the month was having my “B” post promoted on the WordPress Freshly Pressed page but it has actually been the amazing blogs that I’ve discovered and the wonderful and inspring comments I’ve received, especially when posts have been re-blogged.
Thanks to everyone at A to Z Challenge, to all my followers, and the the blogs I now follow and am regularly inspried by.
- A – A is for “A Fettered Mind”
- B – What is the Beginner’s Mind?
- C – The Cunningham Classic – one of Australia’s Spring Cycling Classics
- D – Who was the 15th Dalai Lama?
- E – Is Ego the mind killer?
- F – The Bureau of the Five-Grain Transmigration – from A Journey to the West
- G – The strategic game of Go
- H – Humanity, how do we ensure the survival of our species?
- I – What is Immovable Wisdom?
- J – Does Rabinovich live here?
- K – How I kicked asthma by simply breathing
- L – Learning…the teacher must learn the most
- M – The Mars Series by Kim Stanley Robinson
- N – No-Form, No thought, No Mind
- O – What is the One Point, hara, or lower dantien?
- P – Paul Dempsey doesn’t write love songs
- Q – 1Q84 – Murakami’s cult masterpiece
- R – Ray Kurzweil…and the singularity
- S – Carl Sagan, and the Baloney Detection Kit
- T – Looking through the wrong end of a Telescope and other Analogies for Time
- U – The Universe…the tyranny of distance and time
- V – Releasing your and your character’s VOICE
- W – Why do we write?
- X – Where does Nationalism end and Xenophobia begin?
- Y – A message to me to yourself…
- Z – Who is the real Zo Boone? A new Koan is born